Social media channels are equivalent to free real estate when it comes to marketing. Almost every business today is trying to make it big on social media channels and it makes sense. There are literally billions of users across all social media channels, and if you can make them follow your brand, you can mostly create a customer out of them. That’s why it’s essential for businesses to build their unique social media persona. You can’t possibly handle tens of social media channels by yourself, and that’s why you need social media management tools.
Small businesses can benefit a lot from a social media presence, but managing several social media accounts can be challenging. If you don’t have the team to manage social media channels, then you need to rely on top social media management tools. Small businesses turn to social media platforms to increase their revenue, it doesn’t make sense to spend more than you’re earning.
Our team of experts went through some of the best social media management tools for small businesses and created a guide. In this article, you’ll be able to find the best social media management tools free. Let’s dive in.
Top Social Media Management Tools
1. Sprout Social- Best Overall
We picked Sprout Social as our first choice as it basically does everything. Sprout Social offers you incredible usability, publishing features, and analytics for all major social media platforms. Another great thing about Sprout Social is that it offers the longest free trial in the industry.
Sprout Social is one of the social media management tools in the industry as it offers a wide array of features. The most famous features are:
- Mobile app for iOS and Android
- Paid promotion tools
- Post scheduling tools
- Range of analytic tools
Sprout Social currently supports almost all the major social media platforms, including Meta, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. This makes the tool an all-in-one platform. There are 3 paid plans to choose from:
- Standard: $89 per month
- Professional plan: $149 per month
- Advanced: $249 per month
Pros of Sprout Social:
- All-in-one dashboard that allows you to manage all platforms from one place
- Use social media optimization tools
- Scheduling tools make creating posts a breeze
- Brilliant post scheduling options
- Free 30-day trial
- Analytics and report management option
Cons of Sprout Social:
- Expensive starter plan
- Limits to how many social profiles you can manage
Hootsuite ranks second on our list of best social media management tools for small business. The software allows you to analyze and engage on social media in real-time. The analytic tool works for both generic posting and social media posts.
Hootsuite is known throughout the industry for offering the best analytics for social media, which also leads to software bloating at times. With the analytics tool, you can create customized reports and improve team productivity. Hootsuite has 4 plans for the users:
- Professional: $49 per month
- Team: $129 per month
- Business: $599 per month
- Enterprise: Prices vary according to needs
If you’re looking for the best social media management tools for small business, then the professional plan is a good choice. You can get unlimited scheduling, even though only one user can use it. The team plan is available for 3 users, and you can manage up to 20 social profiles in a single place. What makes it the best social media management tools free is that it offers free functionality.
Pros of Hootsuite:
- Cheap starter plans
- Free plan available with limited functionality
- Can connect with over 20 social networks
- 30-day free trial
Cons of Hootsuite:
- Some analytics reports cost money
- Free plans have limited functionalities
- Plans can be costly if you need an extensive set of tools
MeetEdgar is one of the top social media management tools because it offers amazing automation options. You can get a “continuous posting” feature, which will allow you to curate new posts and reshare relevant posts on your social media channels.
MeetEdgar is a great tool for businesses with limited bandwidth, as it offers great automation. The tool creates new posts with the help of a browser extension, sets up category-based scheduling, offers continuous posting that keeps your audience engaged.
Another great feature of the tool is that it offers access to an unlimited content library, which the platform will shuffle for you. You can easily tweak some settings to set up your account that can help in uploading new content, and you can also use an automatic link shortener. You can choose between two plans:
- Edgar Lite: $19 per month
- Edgar: $49 per month
There’s not much difference between both the tools, although the Edgar Lite plan only allows you to integrate 3 social media accounts. The expensive plan offers 1,000 recurring scheduling time slots per week instead of just 10 with the Edgar Lite Plan.
Pros of MeetEdgar:
- Excellent automation and scheduling features
- 7 days free trial
- Analytics for improving your social media strategy
- Edgar Lite is one of the cheapest plans
Cons of MeetEdgar:
- Can only integrate with Meta, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram
- Cheapest plan allows you to integrate just 3 networks
- No central inbox for messages or managing comments
Loomy is another best social media management tools for small business. It’s perfect for team collaboration. The wide range of plans allows teams of up to 26 people to work together. You can access some basic features with all the plans, such as audience targeting, post preview, automated publishing, analytics, and more.
All plans from Loomy allow you to publish unlimited content and offer features such as audience targeting, automated publishing, post sponsoring, engagement tracking, and thorough analytics. The plans Loomy offers are:
- Base: $25 per month (2 users)
- Standard: $57 per month (6 users)
- Advanced: $119 per month (16 users)
- Premium: $249 per month (26 users)
- Enterprise: prices vary according to your needs
This pricing is only available if you pay for a whole year upfront. If you want a monthly plan, then the cost will be higher.
Pros of Loomy:
- 15 days free trial
- Starter plan costs just $25 per month
- Manage and Share your social accounts in a single place
- Allows for real-time optimization of posts
Cons of Loomy:
- Plans for big teams can be expensive
- Companies with huge advertisement budgets will need more expensive plans.
5. Social Pilot
Social Pilot has earned its reputation as one of the top social media management tools because it allows for small teams to manage social media channels efficiently. Contrary to Social Pilot, other software offers only one user on their cheapest plans.
Social Pilot is a great social media management tool for businesses that want to access affordable options. The Small Team Plan allows 3 users to have access for just $42 per month. Here are all the plans offered by Social Pilot:
- Professional: $22.50 per month (10 social media accounts; 1 user)
- Small Team: $42.50 per month (25 social media accounts; 3 users)
- Studio: $85.00 per month (50 social media accounts; 5 users)
- Agency: $127.50 per month (75 social media accounts; 10 users)
We can all agree that these prices are cheap, so to get this special pricing you’ll have to pay 1 year upfront cost. After finishing up your 14-days trial. All plans offered by Social Pilot come with unique features such as unlimited scheduling, bulk scheduling, social media analytics, browser extension, and customer support.
There is one limit on all the plans of Social Pilot, you have a limit on how many posts you can publish in a day. The professional plan allows you to post up to 200 posts per day, the small team offers 500 posts per day, and the Agency plan offers 1,000 per day.
Conclusion: Top Social Media Management Tools
Social media management tools are essential for businesses that want to build a robust and secure social media strategy. If you have limited human resources to handle your social media channels, then it may be the right time to invest in the best social media management tools.