GoDaddy is an American internet domain service provider and a web hosting company, founded in 1997 by Bob Parsons. It’s headquartered is situated at Scottsdale in Arizona.
It is one of the world’s largest web hosting and domain registrar service providers. Having over 19 million customers worldwide. It acquired multiple companies for millions of dollars for decades. It spends billions of dollars on advertisements, which makes it more popular among the people. Whenever you think about building a website, the first option that comes to your mind is GoDaddy. It’s a well-known platform in the hosting industry that offers a comprehensive catalog of hosting services and related products.
Pros Of GoDaddy
- Prices are affordable
- A platform with a solid character
- Provides one-click WordPress installation.
- Numerous payment options are supported
- Various credits available for subscribing up
Cons of GoDaddy
- The response is not always fast.
- There are restoration freights
- There’s no live support
Features of GoDaddy for shared hosting include:
- Unlimited websites
- Free domain with all plans.
- Multiple databases.
- Unlimited storage
- Unlimited bandwidth for all plans.
- One year free Office 365 email.
- Several apps to integrate with, including a WordPress installer.
- Unlimited SSL certificates for the highest plan.
What is Hostinger?
Hostinger is an Brazilian internet domain service provider and web hosting platform, founded in 2004 in Lithuania. It was a period of international expansion, when it was founded. The competition among the domain providing services was increasing day by day. Having over 29 million customers worldwide, it is one of the largest domain service providers in the world. It has become the fastest-growing company in Europe.
Hostinger is famous for the worth, efficiency, and unlimited storage, and many other services by which it leads ahead of its competitors.
Pros of Hostinger
- Its scores are high in uptime testing.
- Advanced security system and features to tackle malware and viruses.
- Offers monthly and yearly plans
- Faster loading with cache manager
Cons of Hostinger
- Doesn’t offers a dedicated hosting option for every plan
- Phone calling option for customer service is not available 24/7.
- Ambiguous money back policy
Features of Hostinger for shared hosting include:
- Unlimited websites and email accounts
- LiteSpeed server and caching
- Free SSL certificate for all plans.
- Free domains for some plans.
- Backups for some plans
- WordPress acceleration.
- GitHub integration.
- Nameservers protected by Cloudflare.
- DNS management options.
- An access manager.
- MySQL databases.
- FTP accounts.
- Offers a 30-days money-back guarantee
Hostinger Vs Godaddy: Which Is Better Hosting
Hostinger offers three plans for shared hosting:
- Single Shared Hosting: $1.99/month – $9.99/month for one website, one email, 100GB of bandwidth, a free SSL certificate, and more.
- Premium Shared Hosting: $2.99/month – $11.99/month, for unlimited websites, unlimited email accounts, unlimited bandwidth, WordPress acceleration, and a free SSL certificate and domain.
- Business Shared Hosting: $4.99/month – $16.99 per month, for everything in the previous plan with daily backups and more allocated resources.
GoDaddy offers four plans for its shared hosting:
- Basic: $2.99/month – $9.99/month, for one website, 100GB of storage, unmetered bandwidth, and a free email and domain.
- Deluxe: $9.99/month – $14.99/month, for unlimited websites, storage, and bandwidth, along with a free email and domain.
- Ultimate: $12.99/month – $19.99/month, for everything in the previous plan with more processing power, a premium DNS, and a free SSL certificate.
- Ecommerce: $15.99/month – $24.99/month, for everything in the previous plan with improved speeds and unlimited SSL certificates for all your sites.
- GoDaddy has more storage space compared to Hostinger.
- GoDaddy offers a free domain with all the plans whereas Hostinger doesn’t offer a free domain with their basic plan.
- Hostinger has better tools in comparison to GoDaddy.
- GoDaddy uses the classic control panel, while Hostinger has developed a proprietary solution.
- Both Hostinger and GoDaddy offer one-click installations for all popular content management systems, including WordPress.
- Hostinger offers free website migration whereas GoDaddy doesn’t offer free website migration.
- Hostinger offers free backups with all hosting plans whereas GoDaddy doesn’t provide free backups.
- GoDaddy offers 24/7/365 customer support with live chat and phone support whereas Hostinger offers 24/7/365 customer support assistance with live chat and email support.
- GoDaddy uses the older Apache web server, while Hostinger has LiteSpeed, which is faster and more stable.
- An average page loading time for Hostinger is 1.56 seconds while GoDaddy has an average of 4.16 seconds.
GoDaddy is one of the most popular web hosting service providers compared to Hostinger in India. It is best for running larger businesses, as it offers a large selection of plans with massive storage space. Hostinger is best suited for beginners and running small to medium-sized businesses with its affordable yet feature-rich hosting plans.
GoDaddy provides a better user experience, support, and superior performance, whereas Hostinger is cost-effective and with maximum features. But if we consider the worldwide customer count, Hostinger has a slight advantage with over 10 million more users.